June block challenge: less rough draft

The first thing we did was clean up my sketch. We cut out a (rough) 6 x 6 inch square of graph paper. The reasoning behind that size is I noticed that the blocks used as examples for the block challenge were about 75% empty space. All the color was concentrated in the other 25% of the block. We then were able to start measuring out the color strips and cutting them out. I got as far as finishing sewing the lower right corner before I gave up for the night. Maureen needs time to work on her block too and she can’t do it while babysitting me.

less rough sketch

bottom right corner done!

Posted in Quilting and tagged , .

Leave a Reply